display raster

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Aug 16 20:55:49 EDT 1999

> Hi, all,
>
> I have got a raster image. I used r.in.tiff to import it and then d.rast
> to display it. But I got a blank white display.
> Can grass display true color imgae?
> Thanks in advance,

Hi Ning,

I guess you missed to use r.support after importing
the image. If you import a map/image into a region
with coordinates, then the imported image needs to
get boundary coordinates for orientation.

The r.support module is to be  used for that (edit the
header: yes, keep the number of rows and cols and enter
the boundary coordinates using the coordinate screen,
which is following then).

get help with

 g.manual r.support

(generally: g.manual <module>)