questions

Hal Mueller hal at seanet.com
Mon Aug 23 13:14:57 EDT 1999

I don't know the DEMON algorithm.  But I would say you're on the
right track.  If GRASS doesn't include the algorithm you want, you
can include it!  Just a Simple Matter of Programming--you could do it
in C, or C++, or even PERL.  Writing a new module for GRASS is not
difficult.

I am a bit puzzled by your third question though.  If you've already
decided to use DEMON, why are you asking how to use it?  Sorry if
that's an obvious question; I'm a mathematician, not a hydrologist.

At 9:32 AM -0700 8/23/99, Lihong Zhang wrote:
>Hi everyone
>
>I am a graduate student at the university of arizona, I want to use DEMON
>algorithm to delineate subbasin, the software I am using is Arc/Info. But
>so far, this algorithm has not been combined with arc/Info. I want to use
>this method by GRASS, and then change the result fime to Arc/Info format,
>I just know a little about GRASS. would you like give me some suggestion
>and answer the following questions:
>1. is this idear pratical? i.e. is there the function to delineate
>subbasin by DEMON algorithm in GRASS?
>2. how to change Arc/info data format into GRASS format
>3. how to use this algorithm
>
> hope to receive your early reply
>
> thanks
> Lihong Zhang