Need assistance with sed for script

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun Aug 29 22:24:29 EDT 1999

Hi there,

currently I am writing a small installation script
for the GRASS 5 binary packages. It is nearly
complete, but I struggle with "sed" command.

I need a variable to be expanded within a sed call.
The following is *not* working:

--------------
#!/bin/sh
# GRASS 5 binary package installation tool
PATH=/home/mypath
sed  "s/\/usr\/local\/grass\-5.0b/${PATH}/g" $PATH/etc/monitorcap.orig > \
                                             $PATH/etc/monitorcap

Idea is to change the paths within monitorcap to
user's preference automatically.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance

  Markus Neteler