Grass: merging of 2 raster files

Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG mw at engees.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Dec 1 03:21:32 EST 1999

Terry Duell wrote:

> Bong Khin Fah wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think you might be able to help me.
> > I have a DEM, and another raster file showing the site boundary polygon,
> > converted from DXF. I would like to display the DEM in 3D, together with the
> > boundary outlines.
> >

> If you are running Grass on an SGI box, you will find that SG3d will do all,
> and more.
> The OGL version of that application, which I think is called NVIZ, may have the
> same, or similar functionality. You might want to look at these instead of
> d.3d.

nviz2.2 compiles on a linux box.  There is still some problems, but
the results on screen are pretty good, including visualizing vector
files on top of rasters.

Before compiling, you need some libs, but the doc is clear, and
there wasn't too much problems (need a _recent_ version of MESAGL,
libtk, etc...)

--
Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - CEREG
                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex