r.in.tiff versus Linux - Update

Marc Pelletier Marc at datadonkey.com
Wed Dec 8 04:05:57 EST 1999

Hello all,

I have now rebuilt the zlib, tiff, and jpeg libraries (or actually, I think
I have, this stuff is pretty new to me :) and attempted to rebuild grass 5
beta 4. While the libraries went without a hitch, the grass rebuild crashed
on src/raster/r.tiff. It complained of a missing file, which wasn't missing
as far as I can tell.

I can't figure out how to get it to try and build just that module. If I
could I would include the output here.

I've also loaded grass4.2 It also reports a segmentation fault when running
r.in.tiff

Any ideas? I tried one persons suggestion of importing it as a gif, but
can't find a tool which will export pre-gif89 gif's!

TIA

Marc