raster integer *3 ?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Dec 14 09:38:11 EST 1999

Hi, Agus!
I don't really have an answer to your problem, but I wanted to comment
on it. I always considered it a plus that GRASS used only the minimum
number of bytes necessary (1, 2, 3, or 4) to store its raster data. When
converting to Intergraph's raster format, file size often grew
considerably due to being forced to long int.

Truth is, I guess I'm usually more interested in importing data to
GRASS, rather than exporting from GRASS!  :)

Best regards,
	-Malcolm

Malcolm D. Williamson                       malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Voice: 501-575-2734
12 Ozark Hall                                   Fax: 501-575-5218
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR 72701
http://www.cast.uark.edu/

--
Best regards,
	-Malcolm