about Arc/Info and Ascii format

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri Dec 17 09:35:29 EST 1999

Ning Zhong wrote:

> Hi, Grass Users,
>
> I have a question about line description of Arc/Info and Ascii format.
> In what situations can a line(or part of line) be described only by it's two
> end points with the middle points omitted?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ning

Ning,
If a line is only defined by its end points, it will simply be a
straight line (or line segment). If you are using straight lines in the
first place, this is the most efficient storage technique.

Best regards,
	-Malcolm

Malcolm D. Williamson                       malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Voice: 501-575-2734
12 Ozark Hall                                   Fax: 501-575-5218
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR 72701
http://www.cast.uark.edu/