s.in.ascii and s.surf.rts

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Dec 30 08:09:00 EST 1999

Dear Yann Le Jeune, dear all!

On Thu, Dec 30, 1999 at 11:00:49AM +0100, Triangle wrote:
> Hi !
> I'm just a grass beginner with a big problem : I installed grass5.05beta (dec99) and grass421 on my PC (linux mandrake6.0). I managed to import from ascii to a site file. I tried with the -e flag and without, because my ascii is X,Y,Z. I obtained a "x|y|z" file with this flag. Without  i obtained "x|y|#(number) %z". "#" must be a rem type(?).
> So, i obtained differents type of files :
> x|y|z
> x|y|#(number) %z
> x|y|%(number) %z (i edit this file because i wasn't sure of the "#" concept...And i used it with elatt=2)
>
> When i use the s.surf.rst (or s.surf.tps), none of theses files worked.I think that it is a lack of understanding (from me)  because i have the same results on Grass5beta and Grass421. I obtained a raster file which is filed with the same number (<> the mean value of elevation). My site file is quite dense so i have to play with drim but with the same results...

This problem is know. We are currently trying to fix it. I
hope to have a solution the next days. Reason for this problem
was some updating in the library to make the code more platform
independent and to improve inconsistent programming.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
The updated version you will find here:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/source/experimental/

Check the files:
new_in_beta6.txt  and
HISTORY.txt

if the "sites" bug is fixed. It shall be GRASS 5 beta6e then.

Thanks for notification,

 Markus Neteler