CELL driver with wgs84 database

Luis F. Franco luis.franco at icp.pt
Mon Feb 8 07:04:21 EST 1999

Hi.

I haven't yet started to use grass5.0 but I'm having a problem using a
wgs84 database (lon/lat).
I usually use UTM. I converted some vect maps from a UTM zone 29 with
v.proj. When a try to zoom with d.zoom I get a normal result but when I
use g.region and limit the region to the vect map it only defines me a
area with a precision of degrees instead of seconds or less... Do you
know why this happens? Is g.region limited to integers when using vect
maps?

Then I try to use the CELL driver to get a plot of the vect maps it
gives some weird results. Sometimes it ignores the pixels I've specified
with GRASS_WIDTH.

One other thing... is the d.mon in a lon/lat database using some kind of
projection or is it an unprojected display (x-> lon, y-> lat)? I'm
planning to use the display as a bitmap in another system and need an
unprojected display.

Yours sincerely

Luís Franco