r.slope.aspect

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Feb 9 04:33:12 EST 1999

> Why is r.slope.aspect giving aspect as degrees from East?
> Is not the standard degrees from N (terrain azimut)?
>
> Agus

Hi Agus, hi all,

r.slope.aspect is working in a mathematical sense of angle counting.
The "geographical" rotational direction (clockwise) and starting from north
can be reached through a patch. It is in GRASS 4.2.1 source code
package (src421/untested/raster/r.slope.aspect2/ tree) from McCauley.

I would suggest to include a switch in GRASS 5.0 r.slope.aspect
to get both ways of angle counting. That should not be too much
work.

  Markus