Importing different kinds of raster layers

Stephan Eickschen eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Fri Feb 12 07:00:19 EST 1999

Agus-

> Could'nt you use the proj package by Evenden? It used to be part
> of the grass garden.

As far as I understand the manual of proj it transforms the "values" of
given coordinates. What I would like / have to do is a transformation /
reprojection of a whole image - it should something similar to
i.rectify without having to find pixels / point in the "source image"
but knowing its projection parameters - you understand???

I am now trying the following: I have created a (new) x-y location
which fits the specification of my image. I successfully imported the
image into this location. Is it now possible to import and reproject it
now into the desired location?

Regards,

	Stephan

Stephan Eickschen                     Tel. : +49 (0)251 83-34704
Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet   Fax. : +49 (0)251 83-36100
Institute for Geophysics
Research Unit of Physical Glaciology  email: eicksch at uni-muenster.de
Corrensstrasse 24
48149 Muenster