5.0b2 on alpha/osf1 4.0

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Fri Feb 12 15:29:29 EST 1999

Hi,
I am trying to get GRASS5.0b2 running on

	OSF1 V4.0 878 alpha

with DEC's cc, version:

	DEC C V5.6-079 on Digital UNIX V4.0 (Rev. 878)

Most programs are compiled now, but I had to hack around
the source to make some things work.

In special:  someone removed #include <malloc.h> and
	added his own declarations in some files.
	I had to remove a few of these.

	font.c  like in src/display/devices/XDRIVER/lib
	had problems, because it read sizeof(long) chunks out
	of the font files and dealt with it, but long is 8Byte on
	the 64 bit alpha CPU. There were more problems, as
	all characters were one off, I hacked around.

	d.legend has problems with numbering in some places
	being off one. (I also whacked around.)

So I am not sure, if I fixed everything correclty, as I am a beginner
to GRASS.

Contact me, if you are in a similiar situation and want to
exchange hints.
BTW: Is there a place where patches are collected?

Kind Regards,
	Bernhard