is there a programming error in r.tiff.in.?

Sabrina Agnesi s.agnesi at tin.it
Sun Feb 21 06:09:37 EST 1999

Hello GRASS comunity,

I'm very new to Linux OS and GRASS. I have on my PC Linux (Mandrake7) and
GRASS (ver5.6beta).

I am attempting to import a tiff file using r.in.tiff command, and first I
got a message saying that it could not locate shared library libjpeg.so.6.
So in /usr/lib I found libjpeg.so.62.0.0 and created a link to it called
libjpeg.so.6. Then I ran ldconfig. Boot the machine and then when I run
r.in.tiff I get a segmentation fault error...

I check in the mailing list and  realize that I'm not the only one that have
this problem,

Do you know where I can find the libraries in the net? supposing is library
mismatch!
Does anybody fix the problem?

Thanks

Sabrina