grass attribute.

Michel Wurtz - LTE mw at engees.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Feb 22 04:37:57 EST 1999

Taravudh Tipdecho wrote:

> I used v.out.ascii command to export grass data that just presented in
> x,y coordinate.
[snip...]
> How should I get the attribute of this vector file from grass? Where is
> it? and How to link these attributes with x,y coordinate in case of
> polygon data.

vector files contain only geometry of lines and a letter for the type
(A = Area, L = Lines).  The attributes are (in ascii) in the dig_att
directory (same name as vector file) and look like :

A xxxxxx yyyyyy nn

where xxxxx and yyyyyy are the coordinates of a point inside the
polygon and nn is the attribute.

When you have more attributes, they are in the dig_cats directory
(same name as vector file)and look likes a raster cat file
(list of couples att_number:cat_number

--
Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - Laboratoire Territoires & Environnement
                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex