Trying to convert lines to polygons

Juan Bañuls juabacar13 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:51:37 EST 1999

>The areas you create are not labelled (means that v.to.rast will give
>you an empty file).  Snapping doesn't help.  Labelling is done via the
>dig_att file : an entry for each area or line to be labelled made as
>following for an area :
>
>A xxxxxx yyyyyy nn
>
>A means area (L for line), xxxxx and yyyyyy are the coordinates of the
>label point (inside the area), and nn is the area number (> 0).
>
>Try to use v.digit after running v.support.  There is some command
>to show unlabelled areas.  You can label each area interactively.
>If some areas cannot be labelled, look at the nodes around them (and
>zoom)
>If there is some green dots, that's mean that a line doesn't match
>any other. You can snap manualy lines together, solving the unclosed
>polygon problem. After that rerun v.support to label area, and
v.to.rast
>will work.
>
>If you have some labels in dxf, you can import them in the dig_att file
>with respect to the format showed above (v.digit is sometimes boring
:-)

>--=20
>Michel Wurtz    ENGEES - Laboratoire Territoires & Environnement
>                1, quai Koch - BP 1039, F-67070 STRASBOURG cedex
>                Tel: +33 03.88.24.82.45  Fax: +33 03.88.37.04.97

The problem is that I want to get the polygon topology of a very big DXF
(snapping manually all the lines would be VERY VERY boring). In the
other hand, the results must in a vector (not raster) format, because I
want to export the results into another vector format; because of that I
can't use v.to.raster (I would get a raster map).

Is there any way to close all the areas automatically into a vector
map?.

Attached to this message is a little example of my DXF. I would be very
grateful if someone could explain me the steps to do in order to obtain
a vector map with all the areas contained in the DXF.

Thank tou very much for your time!!!

Juan Bañuls