snapping areas in v.digit

Alexandre Rodier alexrod at fcu.um.es
Wed Jan 20 11:32:29 EST 1999

Dear Juergen

When you are digitizing an areas map you don't need to repeat adjacent lines.
You must digitize the common border only one time, and snap the two nodes.
You can make you an idea with the attached image (sorry it's in spanish).
In all cases you must closed the area, normally opened nodes are green, and closed
nodes red, so you can easely find whats nodes are bad. You have the possibility to
snap automatically snap nodes with v.support.
Be carefull with this option, because you must check the right minimum distance
between two opened nodes.
If the distance is too large, v.support will snap all areas together.

I hope it'll help you

--
Alexandre Rodier
    INUAMA