GRASS5.0b development notes

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at uwm.edu
Fri Jun 4 14:56:54 EDT 1999

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999 at 10:37:08AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> well, let´s start again. After discussion with Bruce I will
> take care for your patches now. To distribute the workload
> I suggest that we stay in contact about including your patches
> into the 5.0 code. I keep the line to Baylor then. Would that be o.k
> with you?
Yes.
I just wanted to explain how the situation developed, when I started
to do some GRASS patching.

> Generally speaking:
> If you (the GRASS community) have patches, please send them to
>       ftp://keck.baylor.edu/pub/grass/incoming/
I found out about that later.

I recommend replacing the Bayler GRASS 5.0b page(s) with one page,
linking to all GRASS5.0b information as quick as possible.
And just throw any link in, you find. Maintaining this is not
very time consuming.

> For our small team it is rather time consuming to search for patches
> on the net ourselves. Therefore we kindly request you to upload
> files to the GRASS ftp-Server. Please send an announce email as well.
True. Like I said, mail was send, but there was no developers response,
back then.

Unfortunatly Bill told me that he cannot work on GRASS over the summer
and I have no current plans on hacking GRASS for a while.
But you never know, this might change next week so it very good to know
where the patches have to go now!

	Bernhard