d.mon can't run under RH6.0?

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 7 21:07:47 EDT 1999

> Hi, folk
> The command "d.mon"(5.0b and 4.2p21) can't exec under Linux RH6.0?
>
> Segmentation fault (core dumped) under 5.0b.
> No respone under 4.2.

... again a comment from my side. The current
Linux GRASS 5beta is based on libc5. I shall
compile a version based on glibc2 when the next
release is published. Meanwhile please compile
the source code by yourself. That should be
working on Linux.

When downloading 4.2.1 you have to take care
of your Linux version as well. It is described
on the 4.2.1 download page.

If there is really a problem with Redhat6, please
let me know. I have a different Linux here and
cannot try myself.

Best regards

  Markus Neteler