GRASS, Linux and libc

Richard E Nairn ren at spans.gscc.nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Mar 5 16:29:21 EST 1999

> Hi All
>
> I tried installing Grass 4.2 and 5.0beta, from the binaries on the website.
> However, I get the same error message with both versions, namely, "gis_set"
> expects library files I do not have.
>
> "ldd gis_set" lists "libcurses.so.1" and "libc.so.5" as "not found". Is
> this a common problem with Redhat linux 5.1, kernel 2.0.34. Is there a
> fix for this problem?
>
> If this answer is in the archives, I apologise. I looked but did not
> find any suitable fix.

Look in /usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib those libraries should be in there if you
installed them.  If you haven't then you need to install the libc-5.3.*.rpm
which will install those libraries for you...

Also if they are there check your /etc/ld.so.conf to see if the directory
is mentioned..

--
Richard Nairn
Geological Survey of Canada