v.in.shape

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at home.com
Sun Mar 7 13:50:19 EST 1999

Folks,

I have written a v.in.shape for ArcView Shapefile translation.  While I am
not entirely happy with it yet, I thought I should put it up for public view
and comment.

Please check out:

  http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/grass/

The program allows selection of an attribute which will be used as the
category number. The intention is that this could then be used with v.to.rast.

It also has problems with polygons with internal rings, and a few other
ambiguous situations.  It shouldn't crass or anything, just product poorly
structured data.

The work is closely based on Michel Wurtz' m.in.e00.

In the future, I am interested in adding support to GRASS for GeoTIFF, and
perhaps looking further at projections support in GRASS.

Best regards,

I set the clouds in motion - turned up | Frank Warmerdam, Programmer for Rent
light and sound - activate the windows | http://members.home.com/warmerda
and watch the world go round - Rush    | warmerda at home.com