grass 4.2 binary install on Linux Red Hat 5.2

Francisco Estrada Belli fncesbl at crsa.bu.edu
Tue Mar 9 06:47:16 EST 1999

Dear Friends,

In Linux Red hat 5.2 trying to run the grass4.2 binary distribution, I
get the same  /usr/local/grass42/etc/gis_set:
can't load library 'libcurses.so.1' even after installing the new
library package
from the grass web site ( and the one included in the binary dist
-elf...)
I unpacked the new library and ran the doinst.sh shell as per
intructions but with no improvement and don't know what else to do.
I know Markus is going to post a new binary dist. with new libraries but
I would still like to figure out how to fix this , since I do have the
new libraries, and I am not sure the new binaries will include all
modules I need (especially RIM).

I appreciate your help very much, as always,

Sincerely yours,

Francisco Estrada Belli