Aliases etc.

Francisco Estrada Belli fncesbl at crsa.bu.edu
Wed Mar 10 16:35:35 EST 1999

Dear Friends,

I like the new grass4.2 and 5beta binaries I just intalled in my Linux 5.2
system very much. There is something I can't understand, though. In SunOs
and SGI systems running Grass I used to and still am able to select a file
with a bunch of aliases (shortcuts) for a number of commands using "source
.grass_aliases" at the beginning of my grass session, ("sga" never worked
for me), now in Linux that doesn't seem to work, at all. Any suggestion on
how to resource those aliases? Thank you.
Also, I noticed that in this Linux binary distribution I don't get the
usual grass prompt with MAPSET <....> LOCATION <.......>
GRASS X.X>

but instead I get the normal Linux prompt.
Does anyone know why?  I know this is not a big deal, but I still wonder
why it is so...
Thank you very much.

Francisco
Francisco Estrada Belli