DXF Import problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 12 05:14:55 EST 1999

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Michel Wurtz - LTE wrote:

> I have a DXF file (geologic map) which doesn't import on Grass.
> v.in.dxf runs Ok, says 100% done, quit gracefully and...
> no file, nada, niet, rien  :-((((
>
> I tested the same DXF for import on other GIS (GeoConcept) or
> tools (Surfer) and it worked.
>
> This DXF was created with Mapinfo.  Any similar experience ?
> Is v.in.dxf bugged ? (v.in.dxf3d doesn't give any file, too)
> Any helpfull advive will be greatly appreciated !

Michel,

  MapInfo generates .dxf files using different AutoCAD versions. So, a lot
depends on what version of MI was used and which .dxf format was generated.
The range is from AutoCAD 10 through AutoCAD 13.

  What I don't know is if GRASS is expecting a particular flavor of .dxf
file. That may be the problem.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.
2404 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, OR 97060-1247  U.S.A.
+ 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax)
rshepard at appl-ecosys.com