basic question

Robb Hill vortextube at earthlink.net
Sat May 1 11:54:28 EDT 1999

Hello,

I have installed grass 5 beta on linux.  I have two sets of polygon data
and run some simple queries.  After some difficulty, I have been able to
import the data ok.

My question is this...

After looking through all of the commands I cannot see how one asks
tyipical gis questions like give me all the entities withing a certain
distance of this point, associating two datasets using a
"point(centroid) in a polygon" type query.

Also where is the database aspect of the grass gis system?  Does it have
one?

Are these things possible with grass?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Robb Hill