River data wanted

Seppo Kaitala seppo.kaitala at helsinki.fi
Fri Nov 12 03:43:19 EST 1999

Hi Bob

Actually the answer was in Juhana Nieminen´s reply, but to be more
speciphic, you can find rriver data with scale 1:2 mil in adress

http://crusty.er.usgs.gov/coast/getcoast.html

It is there as World Data bank II.

If you load it as matlab data, it is actually ASCII with missing values
spacial for matlab. You have to change that.  Also there is the option
to download data as Arc/info gen files.  There is help how to convert
gen files to GRASS under
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/faq/e00_import.html

Seppo Kaitala

--