Printing

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 4 08:46:50 EDT 1999

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Michel Wurtz - ENGEES/CEREG wrote:

> Rich Shepard wrote:
> >
> >   When I completed my migration to linux I replaced my color ink jet printer
> > (a Canon BJC-4550) which is not supported in linux with a H-P DeskJet 2500C
>
> I use a Canon color ink jet printer BJC-4100, which was also not
> directly supported by Linux.  But the BJC-600 option of gostscript
> worked great.  So now, my BJC-4100 is ercognized by Linux as a
> Postscript color printer.

  Two problems I encountered. First, some drivers worked only in
black-and-white, not color. Second, the larger paper size. The 4500 (and the
HP 2500C will print up to ledger size (11"x17" US, is that A3 European?) and
the drivers don't support that size.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com