creating hydrogrphically correct dems

Bruce Byars Bruce_Byars at baylor.edu
Mon Oct 4 16:26:56 EDT 1999

Hi Matt,

We have been involved in a lake sedimentation project where we used
an acoustic subbottom profiler to gather 3D bathymetric surveys.  We
took measured transects across the reservoirs and basically just dumped
the data into GRASS.  We would use GRASS functions to interpolate
between the rasterized transects and have come up with some very nice
bathymetric maps.  We then used these in sedimentation analysis and
some modeling.

I can get you copies of some published papers if you need them.

Bruce

--
Bruce Byars
GRASS Development Team