mailing lists

Lori Kingery kingery at cecer.army.mil
Tue Oct 26 10:27:33 EDT 1999

Historically there were two lists, grassu (GRASS Users) and
grassp (GRASS Programmers).  By the time I got to the scene
they were both extremely low traffic and most things were
cross-posted to both lists.  The result of that as I
experienced it was that if you wanted to be on both lists
so you would be sure to get everything, you received a lot
of duplicates.

So after much discussion and voting on the lists, we decided
as a group to combine them into one list, "grass."  Grassu
and grassp still forward to the one grass list, so if you
send it to more than one, people can get duplicate messages.

It would be good if no one ever sent to grassu or grassp
anymore.  So yes, if there is a website that lists both, it
is out of date.  Though there may be two Usenet groups
still - I'm not sure.

> From owner-grass at cecer.army.mil Tue Oct 26 08:19 CDT 1999
> Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:11:05 +0200 (METDST)
> From: "kjell-olav.bjerknes" <kjbje at nlhstud.nlh.no>
> To: grass-list at cecer.army.mil
>
> Hello.....
>
> After scooping the grass website http://hgeo02.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/
> I'm wondering. Is grass-list the only list or is there two other lists as
> well:
>
>         grassu-list
>         grassp-list
>
> I'm I missing som action or is the website out of date?
>
> by the way:
>
> Congratulations grass-team... I'm looking forward to update to 5.0b4!
>
> Sincerely Kjell-Olav

Lori -- kingery at cecer.army.mil -- USACERL Unix sysadmin
I will buy you a garden where your flowers can bloom. - Everclear