Forestry and Grass

Roy Sanderson R.A.Sanderson at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Oct 26 13:03:23 EDT 1999

Hello

Colleagues of mine have been using GRASS for several years to model red and
grey squirrel populations under different forest management regimes, and
various control measures for grey squirrels.  Grass is ideal for this type
of work, especially since you can integrate your own process-based
population models (we write ours in C) into the Grass environment.

Roy

At 04:32 pm 26/10/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello (again)
>
>I'm wondering if anybody of the grass-community has used Grass combined
>with forestry --> modelling and planning etc.
>

>sincerely Kjell-Olav

Roy Sanderson
Centre for Land Use and Water Resources Research
Porter Building
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU