LIMP: Large Image Manipulation Project

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 27 19:33:17 EDT 1999

  Perhaps I am the only person unaware of this, but there's a group called
"remotesensing.org", and a quite interesting article on a large image
manipulation library (in C++) called LIMP. Check out
<http://www.linuxjournal.com> and scroll down until you find the article.

  While the work we do does not involve satellite imagery, we do make
extensive use of low-altitude aerial photography. The LIMP work and that of
the remotesensing.org folks seem to be applicable to GRASS.

  Just in case I'm not the only one who was unaware of these efforts, I am
letting all of you know.

HTH,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
              Making environmentally-responsible mining happen. (SM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com