can not allocate any read/write color cells

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Apr 12 12:13:03 EDT 2000

Hi Horacio,

as you write: you still have 8 bit color depth. So it
is no surprise that there is no problem solution (even
with new hardware!).

As mentioned in another mail you have to tell you
X-server to run in 15/16/24 bit (as you like).
Now it is just a small software configuration problem.

Use .xserverrc to adjust the depth. Here you find some
hints:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/faq/allocate_colorcell.html

Then it will work (it is not a GRASS problem but a X-configuration
problem).

Best wishes

 Markus

--
Dipl.-Geogr. Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology