no grass on linux (ppc)

andy agena andya at mac.com
Thu Apr 27 12:48:00 EDT 2000

hi list:

i've been unsuccessful in my numerous attempts to install the grass
binaries or compile the source on my mac's linux partition, both 4.2
and 5.0beta5 (i've used linuxppc 99q3 and suse's beta).  since suse
is coming out with a full-blown ppc release, i probably won't try
again until its released in the next month or so.

my question:  am i looking at losing proposition trying to install on
a non-intel linux?  has anyone been successful on a ppc linux?

thanks,
andy agena