different attributes in a raster map

Francois Delclaux francois.delclaux at msem.univ-montp2.fr
Mon Aug 7 12:57:41 EDT 2000

Hi, grass users,

May be someone has a solution for my problem :

I have a base raster map ( 475 watersheds)
I have a cover raster map (dem)
I would like to get an output  raster map giving, for each area of base map
(watershed),
the number of different category of cover map. (elevation)

I know that r.statistics is able to generate an output map including statistics
of cover map
for each area of  base map. In fact, I would like to get a similar result for
the number
of different category values.

Thank's in advance.

--
Francois DELCLAUX
UMR HydroSciences Montpellier
mailto: delclaux at msem.univ-montp2.fr
Tel : (33) (0)4 67 14 90 11      Fax : (33) (0)4 67 14 47 74