compile error with 4.3 on Linuxppc

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Sat Aug 12 11:50:46 EDT 2000

Do you have "make" installed? Is is in the path?
(Okay, simple question, but you never know.)

Try to add a "-x" to the gmake4.3 shell call to see what is actually
going on.

AFAIK compilation of 4.3 of LinuxPPC did not work out of the box,
because of other errors. You could give the grass5.0beta6 a try,
there is an rpm for linuxppc2000 on the freegis.org development ftp
site.
	Bernhard

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 06:21:38PM -0400, R. Joe Brandon wrote:
> While compiling Grass4.3 on LinuxPPC I ran into the following error when
> I executed the command
>
> GISGEN.my

> GISGEN failure at STEP: man
>

> At the command line the error showed as:
>
> /usr/local/grass43/src43/gmake4.3: make command not found
> GISGEN failure at STEP: man
The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)