[GRASSLIST:1236] Word of thanks and a question

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Fri Dec 8 03:59:43 EST 2000

Hi all,

Thanks to the GRASS develpment team for bring out
the Grass5-b10 with several enhancements and bugfixes.

The binary is working without problem on my machine
running Mandrake Linux7.2. Coming to the question now,
is there a way to avoid the GRASS graphics monitor getting
erased by the tcl/tk panels or terminal windows. The may
not be a problem due to GRASS (perhaps to do with my KDE
window manager setting), but everytime other windows
or tcl/tk panels appear in the foreground over the GRASS
monitor the area of overlap on the GRASS monitor gets erased.
I need to bring the GRASS monitor to the foreground and use
the d.mon select=Xx which refreshes the monitor.

GRASS5beta8 working on other machines (Redhat6.0 and Slackware7.0)
dont seem to have this problem.

Thank you.

Venkatesh Raghavan
Osaka City University