[GRASSLIST:1240] Re: Word of thanks and a question

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri Dec 8 10:43:00 EST 2000

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 03:43:12PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> this unfortunately doesn't fully fix the problem for KDE (however it
> does for fvwm2).
>
> KDE-Example: If you draw a raster map, cover the monitor partly with a
> window, run d.erase and move away the covering window, you will find parts
> of the old map in the covered window corner. I guess it is an X 4.0.1
> problem (as X 3.3.6 was o.k.).
>
> Above backingstore trick is posted on the FAQ.
>
> I have no idea to fully fix it...

Oh.  Haven't used KDE for a while so I didn't know this.  Maybe KDE is
overriding this option somehow, since the monitor isn't a KDE app, KDE
must be setting something in X that changes this option.  Try opening a
monitor and running xwininfo on it.  Here, among the output, I get:

  Backing Store State: Always

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>