[GRASSLIST:1283] Re: errors grass5beta10

Roger S. Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Fri Dec 15 15:49:05 EST 2000

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, rob schick wrote:

> List- I was having some startup errors, but after removing the -nocase
> option per Justin's recommendation, grass started just fine. However, I ran
> into problems when I tried to access another dataset (I'm obviously new at
> this, and am still somewhat confused about how the data directories work). I
> downloaded the leics dataset for the GRASS Seeds tutorial.

Rob,

I have to let others handle your questions, but I do want to point out
that the tutorial you downloaded is a grass v.4 tutorial.  It doesn't work
correctly under version 5 mostly because the two versions treat the value
"0" differently.

My assistant ran that tutorial as her first introduction to grass.  It
didn't work right and that failure probably forever colored her opinion of
grass.

Roger Miller