[GRASSLIST:1321] solaris installation question

Stoddard, Shawn SStoddard at sppc.com
Thu Dec 28 18:41:05 EST 2000

Hello all,

I have downloaded the grass5 beta10 binary for solaris.  I am running a
sparc ultra 1 system with solaris 8 installed.

When I run the grass5install.sh script everything seems to work just fine
except for one error.

Creating start script: /usr/local/bin/grass5
awk: can't open /usr/local/bin/grass5
Creating the locks directory for monitors...

this seems to result in an empty file grass5 in the /usr/local/bin
directory.

I am logged in as root when running this script.

Could someone please provide me with some clue as to what is the problem.

TIA
Shawn
*****************************
Shawn Stoddard