[GRASSLIST:1323] Re: Compiling beta10 on Debian 2.2

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sat Dec 30 19:41:57 EST 2000

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 04:28:32PM -0800, David Finlayson wrote:
> I have received a warning from ./configure that it
> cannot find the TIFF libraries.  I have the libtiff3g
> package installed, including /usr/include/tiffio.h
> which according to the Debian man pages has the
> TIFFOpen function.  Should I proceed with the
> compilation or am I missing something important?

You do have libtiff3g-dev? This is necessary.

> I also received additional warnings about libpq-fe.h
> (PostgreSQL) and GL/GLwMDrawA.h both of which I do not
> have installed and don't really need unless Grass
> demands them.

Not a big deal. You won't be able to compile r3.showdspf or any of the
PostgreSQL specific modules.

> Thanks for any tips before I charge ahead.

If you already have the development libraries for TIFF, then remove
config.cache and try running ./configure again.  If it already has a
failure in the cache, it won't run the test again.  If that still fails,
please specify which release of GRASS you are using.

It is pretty easy to edit the file grass/src/CMD/head/head.$ARCH to add
-ltiff to TIFFLIBPATH.  You shouldn't need to do anything else.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>