How can I combine vector & Raster onto DEM? (fwd)

rado rado at cosmos.dsc.unomaha.edu
Mon Feb 21 00:18:56 EST 2000

Hello Philip,
You can transform your vector layer into the raster one. After that
you should use r.reclass to assign some big values to your new
raster layer. Then you can use r.mapcalc to produce another raster layer
(geology + roads; use "+" operator).
Using r.reclass you can easily assign new values for "roads" to
distinguish them from geology areas. Result is a new raster map you can
overlay over your DEM. Since 3D tools in GRASS don't provide extensive
query options, this hybrid raster should gives you what you expect.
If you want to assign proper road width, use r.buffer, before combining
the geology and roads in r.mapcalc

Regards,

	-Rado Bonk

Rado Bonk