Future direction (and a rant).

Matt.Wilkie Matt.Wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Jan 5 19:38:12 EST 2000

>for graphics, or it could use gtk, or Qt, or perhaps something
>else.  I am not really happy with any of the available options,
>though it seems that gtk (or gtk++?) has substantial momementum
>in the open source community, and some reasonable hope of porting
>to Windows (which I consider important).

I've been using the Windows version of the Gimp (which runs on
gtk; gtk+ for themes) for just about a year now. Development
bugs aside, I'm quite happy with it. IIRC, win32 AbiWord uses
gtk too. I've not used any win32 Qt programs so I don't know how
they compare. An item to note is that only X11 Qt is libre
software - the Win32 Qt GUI toolkit is not.

-matt