Troubles compiling Grass 5.0 beta6

Juan I. Santisteban Navarro juancho at eucmos.sim.ucm.es
Wed Jan 19 07:44:20 EST 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Grass 5.0 beta6 and I'm having some troubles.

First of all, I'm trying to do this in a AMD K6 with Linux RedHat 6.0
(kernel v 2.2.13)

My troubles are:

when I try the new method of compilation
         ./configure
         make install
nothing happens.

Then I try the classical method (with GISGEN) and it seems to work until
I receive the message in the module d.3d (and others) that the symbol
__bsd_signal is undefined in the library libcurses.so.1.0.0 and the
compilation stops.

I've tried to use libncurses instead of libcurses, but the I receive the
message "__waddbytes" is undefined in libncurses.

I don't know if I need a newer version of these libs or it is something
related to the code.

Thanks in advance

    Santi

--
Dr. Juan I. Santisteban Navarro
Dpto. Estratigrafía/Instituto de Geología Económica

Phone: +34 91 3944785
Fax: +34 91 3944808
e-mail: juancho at eucmos.sim.ucm.es