Pairwise Distances (fwd)

kegallag at NMSU.Edu kegallag at NMSU.Edu
Tue Jul 11 17:53:20 EDT 2000

Hi all,

     I am attempting to use the program GRASS to obtain spatial distances
for ALL possible pairs of plant individuals within a population.  To date,
I have obtained distances (not coordinates) of individuals relative to
only TWO OTHER individuals (in order to use triangulation to create
polygons).  Now, I need to calculate pairwise distances for EACH plant
individual relative to EVERY OTHER plant individual within populations.
Could you please tell me GRASS has the capability to compute the
distances between all pairs of points in a spatial network comprised of
only a limited number of pairwise distances?

     Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require clarification.  I
would really appreciate your input! Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Kelly Gallagher
Kelly G. Gallagher
New Mexico State University, Department of Biology, Department 3AF, Box 30001,
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003, phone: (505) 646-3611 / fax: (505)646-5665