Image Groups and orthorectification

Cameron Fulton fultonc at peligroso.gaiaenv.com
Tue Jul 25 12:28:50 EDT 2000

Hello all,

I have 40 aerial photos that need orthorectifying and the problem is
that once I am in the i.ortho.photo module I must calculate
"ortho-rectification parameters". More specifically, I have create an
imagery group that contains the 40 photos. Is it correct to add all
photos to one image group? I ask this because when I try to calculate
"ortho-rectification parameters" GCPs from an initial photo remain on
screen when I try to add GCPs to another photo. What do I do about this
phenomenon?

Another question I have about the i.ortho.photo module is whether or not
I can import GCPs from another image processing package? That is to say
can I rectify my photos in ArcView and then import the GCPs from ArcView
into GRASS? This would greatly facilitate the orthorectifying process.

Thanks.

--
CAMERON FULTON
(403) 571-6591