3D in GRASS

Carlos Martinez cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Thu Jun 1 11:38:11 EDT 2000

Hello.

I would know if images from
http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/gsoils/ccsoil2.html
are made using G3D in GRASS.

Another question is, how can I represent discret objects using G3D? I have
to develop a project in which the soil horizons must be clear. I need to
know if a point in x,y,z coordinates is in a stratum or another. This
stratum could have irregular surfaces.

I think to have a 3D raster in which I say that a voxel is of one
material. How could I obtain this discret boundaries from a set of points
of this object. The commands from GRASS use interpolation, so I would
obtain soft variation of values in voxels, isn't it?

To visualize the objects, I can't use NVIZ, because the GUI has to be
personalized to the application. Could I use the code from NVIZ to do
this?

Thanks.

       #       Carlos Martínez Burgos         #                 #
       #         cmarbur at iti.upv.es           #                 #
       #       Ingeniero Informático          #                 #
       # Instituto Tecnológico de Informática #                 #
       # Universitat Politècnica de València  #                 #