Nviz compilation; FreeGIS CD rpms (was: need some advice)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jun 5 04:48:48 EDT 2000

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 07:47:42PM -0700, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 12:36:12AM +0930, Hari Kishore wrote:

> > Also I am having problems compiling the NVIZ module (RH 6.2 on Intel). I
> > keep getting the following error message.
> > gstypes.h:8: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory
> > GS.c:23: GL/gl.h No such file or directory

> Presumably you don't have Mesa3.0 installed (OpenGL clone).

There is a chance that you need a development mesa rpm installed.

Let me remind everybody that there are binaries of GRASS available.
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/acquire.html
is the general URL for getting GRASS in different versions.

At least the FreeGIS CD rpm contains grass5.0beta6 and a running nviz
for GNU/Linux/i586.

Intevation GmbH is also looking for people to mirror the CD.
	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)