distorted image

Phisan Santitamnont fsvpss at eng.chula.ac.th
Thu Mar 16 19:26:11 EST 2000

Antonio Rodríguez Verdugo wrote:

> At 09:24 AM 16/03/00 +0700, you wrote:
> >Dear Antonio,
> >
> >Antonio Rodríguez wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks a lot Phisan, Bruce and Markus,
> >>
> >> The succesful procedure was through i.points -> i.rectify and the other
> >> stuff (r.support and some other tunnings within these programs).
> >> Unfortunately the importing routines r.in.gif & r.in.tiff doesn't work
> >> on my machine, that's why I always try to change everything to .ras or
> >> .ppm. OK I know I should turn to Grass5.0 but I must save something for
> >> a new HD, he, he. I tried it in other machine and of course is pretty
> >> good as 4.2 was some time ago

halt! GRASS 5.0 is buggy.

try binary 4.21b22 first.
i like it , i call 'dream release'

> >what kind of image you have?
> >The modules work best with 8bit gray image.
> >Try XV and change to 8bit
>
> I've tried everything with XV and 8 bits and Gif. But there is no way wirh
> the segmentation faut.

After installing 'dream release' GRASS, start 'xv'
again --> open you bitmap --> R-mouse-->Menu-24/8bit
-->8-bit mode-->Save-->xv save dialogue pop-up!
-->Format:TIFF-->Colors:GreyScale-->Check-NormalSize
-->tyep new name in save file:-->OK

then try a agaion with r.in.tiff with -v option to see detail

HTH ;-)

Schau Amigo!,
--
Phisan Santitamnont, Dr.-Ing.