NVIZ Mesa Problem

Henk Coetzee henkc at geoscience.org.za
Thu May 4 09:32:08 EDT 2000

Hi

I am getting the same problem, with nviz. I have tried installing Mesa
both from rpm and from source. I am currently using the binary
distribution of grass5b7 on RH6.2. I don't seem to have a
libMesaGLU.so.3 anywhere on the machine.

What am I doing wrong, or which RPMs should I install?

Henk

"Michael A. Crimmins" wrote:

> Hi Trond,
>
> I had this same problem when I installed GRASSbeta6 last month. What
> worked best for me was to compile the src code from the mesa site and
> then install the library in my /usr/local/lib directory. More info on
> the Mesa3.1 compile is found here.
>
> http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/README.mesa31
>
> One problem I had was that my libMesaGLU.so.3 ended up in my /lib
> directory and NVIZ was looking for it in the /usr/local/lib directory (I
> think). I used the pre-compiled version of grassb6 for linux and that
> was probably hardwired into the install.
>
> My redhat 6.1 install was done with a basic set of packages installed.
> You might run into some more error messages when you get past this one.
> I didn't have a postgresql library loaded and some others that NVIZ was
> looking for...just keep loading RPMS until you get past the error
> messages.
>
> good luck!
>
> Mike Crimmins

Henk Coetzee
Geophysics Unit
Council for Geoscience
Private Bag X112, Pretoria, 0001, South Africa
Tel: +27-12-841-1192   Fax: +27-12-841-1424