Whether satelite image can directly used in Grass

Eric G . Miller egm2 at jps.net
Sat May 13 19:43:50 EDT 2000

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 03:24:25PM +0000, EIID 35/1800 wrote:
> Hai,
> I am new user of GRASS.
> I would like to know whether image files from satelite can be directly
> used as raster image in GRASS.  Please let me know how image
> conversion, if requred, is get done.
> Regards,
> Anil Kumar,
>  EIID,  Ernakulam Jilla Panchayat,
> Kochi, Keralam, India-671315

Good chance.  Look at the r.in.* or m.in.* manuals to find one that
matches the format of the imagery you're trying to import.  GRASS will
want to import it into it's native cell format before you can do
anything with it.  There are several imagery commands for working with
groups of bands, making composites, etc. as well as rectification which
you'll probably need it the imagery is not geo-referenced.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.