Digitizing in GRASS

Alejandro Imass aimass at net-a1.net
Fri May 19 10:29:33 EDT 2000

Alejandro Imass wrote:

> If (2) is true I would be more than happy to throw in my 2 cents and modify
> gen2shp "...with a little help from my friends..." of course!
> As I said before I'm so happy w/ GRASS that I would really like to contribute to
> this project, in any way that I can.

Well I found out w/ some friends that shape does not support topology that well and
that polygons are defined just a set of points.
So my best conclusion at the moment would be to suspect that gen2shp or shapelib
should resolve this (i.e. they should be able to read the lab file and close the
polygons correctly), because it seems that GRASS and the visualizer I'm using
(MapServer) are behaving as expected.

So maybe there is probably need to create a new version of gen2shp perhaps
gen2shpcent that would actually resolve the (or my) polygon dilema.

What do y'all think?

Best Regards,
Alejandro